Counselling on recognition

You need official recognition of a certificate, diploma, or professional training in your home country for a job in Germany? Our advisory service can help.

How to get advice

Gut Beraten

To provide you with advice that meets all of your specific needs, we need some information about yourself and your qualification(s):

Please, fill in our consultation form and send it as an attachment via E-Mail to Servicestelle.

You will receive an E-Mail confirming that we have received your form.

We will contact you. Please note that this may take several weeks.

Please, note:

Our advisory service now offers online-meetings as a result of the ongoing pandemic. This serves as an alternative opportunity to continue our in person consultation and services. Please, tick the appropriate box in our consultation form if you wish to take advantage of the online-meeting.

You can join the meeting through your web browser if you have the following equipments:

  • PC or Laptop
  • a stable internet connection
  • Safe wireless access
  • Camera und microphone on your PC / Laptop

The use of a smartphone, tablet, iPhone or iPad for this purpose often causes technical problems and is, consequently, not recommended.

Advice is free of charge and can be provided to you over the phone, in person or by e-mail.

Our advice is available to people who live in the City of Munich or in the surrounding region covered by MVV.

You can also call us at the following times if you have questions on our services:

Thuesday: 11 – 12 am
Wednesday: 15 – 16 pm
Thursday: 14 – 15 pm

Our advisory services:

  • We provide advice on how to get your qualifications recognised.
  • We provide you with information about the authority responsible for handling recognition.
  • We help you prepare and complete your application.
  • Where necessary, we help you find your way through the recognition procedure.
  • We explain the authorities' response to your application and, where necessary, show you other alternatives.

Would you like to work in other regions than Bavaria?

Please contact an IQ counselling service in the federal state where you are planning to work, regardless of whether or not you already live in Germany.

Would you like to work in other regions than Munich?

Please feel free to contact our colleagues:

For the Unterfranken, Oberfranken and Mittelfranken regionNurenberg

For the Niederbayern region Passau

For all other regions in BavariaAugsburg


  • You have a foreign vocational or academic qualification and wish to practice this profession in your respective field in Germany?
  • Would you like to know whether your diploma or certificate can be or needs to be officially recognized here?

Then this is the right place for you!

Ähnliche Artikel

This is a carousel with rotating cards. Use the previous and next buttons to navigate, and Enter to activate cards.

Information on Brexit

The United Kingdom left the European Union on January 31st, 2020. All information concerning Brexit – regulary updated.

Guide for Foreign Students

Registration, bank account, residence permit: A step-by-step-guide for international students arriving in Munich.

Munich Educational Portfolio

The Munich Educational Portfolio is a folder designed for refugees and immigrants 16 years of age or older.

Study and Research in Munich

What's required to study or do research in Munich? Infos on recognition of qualifications, academic and student life, research options and contacts.