Funding for international cultural projects 2022
The Department of Arts and Culture of the City of Munich promotes international cultural exchange and cross-border cooperation of Munich's cultural workers
The Department of Arts and Culture of the City of Munich promotes international cultural exchange and cross-border cooperation of Munich's cultural workers. International projects of all art sectors in Munich and projects with the participation of Munich actors abroad are funded, in particular through grants for travel, accommodation, production costs and artist fees.
The general funding criteria of the cultural department apply to the projects: Another important eligibility criteria is the quality of the international cooperation, the exchange and the joint work process.
Who can apply for project funding?
- Professional artists and cultural workers who live / work in Munich
- Artist groups, associations, initiatives and organizations of the independent art scene in Munich
- In justified individual cases: institutions that support Munich's independent art scene through the funded projects
Funding below EUR 1,000 can be applied for at any time, there are no deadlines. The following deadlines apply to funding between EUR 1,000 and EUR 10,000:
15 January 2022 (for projects between February and December 2022)
15 May 2022 (for projects between June 2022 and February 2023)
How do I apply?
Please send us per e-Mail or by post:
- the completed application form (PDF, 174 KB) (project grants up to EUR 25,000) – only in German
- a description of the project - the cost and financing plan
- confirmation of the project location and the date or dates
- for projects with a funding amount of more than EUR 5,000: proof of the requested or granted co-financing as well as a confirmation of the persons involved in the project (at least three) and the cooperation partners (at least two)
to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Arts and Culture / City of Munich
Laura Sánchez Serrano, Abt. 3, International Cultural Cooperation
The grants are awarded by administrative means (i.e. without a jury procedure). We will inform you as soon as possible (usually within one month) about the success of your application.
Do you have any questions?
If you have any questions, please contact us. We would be happy to advise you!
Laura Sánchez Serrano
+49 89 233-21244