Start-up advice from the City of Munich
Free services for Munich’s startups: We provide basic knowledge about starting a business and help you take the first steps towards self-employment.
We offer information and advice on the following topics
Would you like to go self-employed in Munich? We provide basic knowledge about starting a business, and help you take the first steps towards self-employment. Contact us if you have any questions!
We offer support in the following areas:
- Start-up formalities
- Business plan
- Choice of legal form and tax overview
- Social and company insurance
- Subsidies and financial aid
- Seminars and events
- Office space and startup centers
Our services are free of charge.
Please note that we cannot advise on insurance, tax, or legal issues.
The City of Munich offers its services to entrepreneurs as a partner of Munich’s Business Startup Office (MEB), a joint initiative with the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IHK) for Munich and Upper Bavaria.
Munich's Business Startup Office
Take advantage of our services
Starting a business
Learn how to start a business with our step-by-step guide covering 10 key aspects
Founding brochure: I‘m going self-employed! Starting your own business
Plan your business
Use our checklists, businessplan template
Watch our 3-minute video tutorials to learn more about specific topics.
Attend our online information session for a brief overview of all key start-up topics. Topics include an overview of startup formalities, choice of legal form and tax overview, private and operational security, subsidies and financial aids and coaching-programs.
This 2-hours session is free of charge. Find and register for a session
We provide basic knowledge about starting a business or working in the liberal professions, and help you take the first steps towards self-employment.
Contact us by phone or email with individual questions:
Phone Mon-Thurs, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. at 089 233 2 17 59
Find the right point of contact quickly
- The Chamber of Skilled Crafts (HWK) offers advice on starting a skilled crafts business .
- If you want to start a business in agriculture and forestry or hunting and fishing, you will find your point of contact here.
- For start-ups from abroad your point of contact is here .
- For non-EU citizens planning to set up a commercial / freelancing activity in Munich and who are going to apply for a visa for self-employment your point of contact is here .